Primer React is a React implementation of GitHub's Primer Design System 🎉
- Everything is a component.
- Aim for total style encapsulation; don't rely on inheritance to provide default styles.
- Build small building blocks with minimal props to keep complexity low.
- Keep system constrained by only including props needed per component.
- Favor wrapping or extending components for more complex operations.
- Maintain design system consistency with utilities as props (for spacing, color, font-size, line-height, widths, and radii).
Check out our getting started guide for everything you need to know about installing and using Primer React.
@primer/react locally when adding or updating components:
- Clone this repo:
git clone https://github.com/primer/react
- Install dependencies:
- Run the dev app:
👉 See the contributing docs for more info on code style, testing, and coverage.