Use link for navigating from one page to another.
- Not reviewed for accessibility
The Link component styles anchor tags with default hyperlink color cues and hover text decoration.
Link is used for destinations, or moving from one page to another.
In special cases where you'd like a
<button> styled like a
<Link as='button'>. Make sure to provide a click handler with
Important: When using the
as prop, be sure to always render an accessible element type, like
URL to be used for the Link. (The
href is passed to the underlying
<a> element. If
as is specified, the link behavior may need different props).
Uses a less prominent shade for Link color, and the default link shade on hover
Adds underline to the Link
Color used when hovering over link
The underlying element to render — either a HTML element name or a React component.
- Component props and basic example usage of the component are documented on primer.style/react.
- Component does not have any unnecessary third-party dependencies.
- Component can adapt to different themes.
- Component can adapt to different screen sizes.
- Component has robust unit test coverage (100% where achievable).
- Component has visual regression coverage of its default and interactive states.
- Component does not introduce any axe violations.
- Component has been manually reviewed by the accessibility team and any resulting issues have been addressed.
- Component is used in a production application.
- Common usage examples are documented on primer.style/react.
- Common usage examples are documented in storybook stories.
- Component has been reviewed by a systems designer and any resulting issues have been addressed.
- Component does not introduce any performance regressions.
- Component API has been stable with no breaking changes for at least one month.
- Feedback on API usability has been sought from developers using the component and any resulting issues have been addressed.
- Component has corresponding design guidelines documented in the interface guidelines.
- Component has corresponding Figma component in the Primer Web library.
- Tooling (such as linters, codemods, etc.) exists to prevent further use of alternatives.